Sunday, September 12, 2010
Kobe Beef Mealoaf for dinner!! Fabulous!
Kobe Beef Meatloaf
* 2 pounds yellow onions, peeled and finely diced
* 4 ounces garlic, minced
* 2 ounces thyme, leaves chopped
* 2 ounces Italian parsley, leaves chopped
* 2 ounces basil, leaves chopped
* 2 ounces sage, leaves chopped
* 2 ounces rosemary, leaves chopped
* 3 ounces kosher salt
* 1-ounce freshly ground black pepper
* 8 ounces eggs
* 4 ounces Dijon mustard
* 16 ounces vitamin D milk
* 8 ounces tomato paste
* 3 pounds panko bread crumbs
* 10 pounds Kobe beef
* Applewood bacon
* 16 ounces ketchup
Add the onions, garlic, herbs and salt and pepper to a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the mixture is soft and aromatic.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl add the eggs, mustard, milk and tomato paste. Stir in the bread crumbs mix well.
Add the sauteed aromatics, and the beef and combine well. Line up loaf with strips of applewood bacon and liberally coat each loaf with ketchup. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes... do not let burn! They are ready when the internal temperature registers 140 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer to serving plates or platters and serve.