Monday, May 31, 2010
BLT Salad Yield 4 Servings Ingredients
* 10 slices bacon, chopped
* 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
* A few handfuls of mixed baby greens or baby spinach, washed
* 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed
* Half a baguette, cut into one-inch cubes
* 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 4 tablespoons oil
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* Salt and pepper
Directions BLT Salad
1. Fry the bacon until is brown and crispy, pour off all the fat. Drain on paper towels.
2. Put lettuce, greens and tomatoes into a large salad bowl.
3. Add bacon bits and baguette.
1. Place dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
2. Pour over salad and toss well.
Also some blue cheese might go well with this recipe! http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/quick-and-easy/recipe.html?dishID=7989
Friday, May 14, 2010
Tater Tot Casserole with Mixed Vegetables Recipe
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, cooked according to package directions
10 3/4 ounces golden mushroom soup
10 3/4 ounces cream of celery soup
1 pound frozen tater tots, 1 bag divided
Serving Size: 2 cups
Container: 9" x 13" baking dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1.5 hours
* Preheat oven to 350ºF.
* Brown ground beef in a heavy skillet; season to taste.
* Drain excess grease.
* Remove browned hamburger from skillet.
* Add onion to skillet and sauté until soft and lightly browned.
* In a large bowl combine ground beef, onions, soups, vegetables, and half of the bag of tater tots.
* Place the mixture in a prepared baking dish and cover with the other half bag of tater tots.
* Bake 1-1/2 hours.
Time Saving Tip: Using frozen vegetables that are packaged in microwavable bags will reduce the cooking time.
For similar recipes check out: www.recipetips.com/
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
6 or 8 pork chops
1 can chicken broth,
14 oz. 1 envelope of onion soup mix
Servings: 6 Container:
5-quart slow cooker
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
- * Lightly brown both sides of the pork chops in a nonstick skillet using a small amount of oil. Brown the chops for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- * Place the pork chops into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- * Mix the chicken broth and soup mix until well blended and then pour over the pork chops. * Place the cover on the slow cooker and turn the heat on low. Cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- * When done, remove the pork chops and serve with potatoes or rice.