Chicken Fajitas with Crunchy Lime Cabbage and Avocado (serves 4-6)
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves,
cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch-thick strips
1 large red onion, halved, sliced lengthwise
3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons finely grated lime peel
6 to 8 fajita-size flour tortillas
1 avocado, halved, pitted, sliced
sour cream, optional
1. Whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and chili powder in large bowl. Add chicken, bell pepper, and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature or chill up to 4 hours.
2. Toss cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, lime peel, and 3 tablespoons olive oil in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat large pan over medium-high heat. Put chicken and vegetables in pan and cook until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are browned, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
5. Divide chicken among warm tortillas; top with cabbage mixture and avocado slices, and sour cream, if desired.