Chutney Glazed Pork Chops!!
A simple jelly-and-mustard glaze coats pork chops that are topped with a sweet-tart chutney. Serve with rice or couscous to soak up the sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and 1/2 cup chutney)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
* 2 cups coarsely chopped rhubarb (about 1/2 pound)
* 1/3 cup dried cranberries
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 1/3 cup red currant jelly
* 1 tablespoon whole-grain
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/4 inch thick)
* Cooking spray
* Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
To prepare chutney, combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add rhubarb and the next 4 ingredients (rhubarb through ground red pepper); reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill at least 2 hours. Discard cinnamon stick.
To prepare pork, combine jelly and mustard in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and cumin; rub evenly over pork. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness, basting occasionally with jelly mixture. Serve pork with chutney; sprinkle with green onions, if desired.