Friday, October 8, 2010
An interesting recipe!! Seafood Packets...
32 Shell Clams (littlenecks or cherrystones)
32 Uncooked medium shrimp in shells (about 1 1/4 lb), thawed if frozen
32 Sea Scallops (about 2 1/2 lb)
4 Ears fresh sweet corn, husks removed, cleaned, cut into fourths
32 Large cherry tomatoes
1/3 Cup butter or margarine, melted
2 Teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 Teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon freeze-dried chives
Fresh chive stems or chopped fresh chives, if desired
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 8 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
2. Place 4 clams, shrimp and scallops in center of each sheet; top each with 2 pieces of corn and 4 tomatoes. In small bowl, mix butter ingredients. Drizzle about 2 teaspoons butter over seafood and vegetables in each packet.
3. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
4. Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes, or until clam shells have opened, shrimp are pink, and scallops are white and opaque. (Cooking time may vary depending on ingredients selected) Discard any clams that don't open.
5. To serve, cut large X across top of each packet; carefully fold back foil to allow steam to escape. Top with chives.