Monday, May 31, 2010
BLT Salad is a great dinner and light and refreshing!! You can add ingredients you like!
BLT Salad Yield 4 Servings Ingredients
* 10 slices bacon, chopped
* 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and roughly chopped
* A few handfuls of mixed baby greens or baby spinach, washed
* 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed
* Half a baguette, cut into one-inch cubes
* 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 4 tablespoons oil
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* Salt and pepper
Directions BLT Salad
1. Fry the bacon until is brown and crispy, pour off all the fat. Drain on paper towels.
2. Put lettuce, greens and tomatoes into a large salad bowl.
3. Add bacon bits and baguette.
1. Place dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
2. Pour over salad and toss well.
Also some blue cheese might go well with this recipe! http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/quick-and-easy/recipe.html?dishID=7989