Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Kobe Beef Kabobs for Dinner! Tender and Healthy!
Top ideas for dinner tonight: Kobe Beef and Broccoli Kabobs
* 30-minute (or less) spring dinners
* Quick and easy chicken dishes
* Garden-fresh entrée salads
* 1/2 cup bottled hoisin sauce
* 3 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons cooking oil
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
* 1 red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 2 to 3 3 cups large broccoli florets and/or 1-inch pieces of yellow summer squash
* 1 lb. beef steak, such as tenderloin, sirloin, or top loin, cut into 1-inch pieces
* Hot cooked rice
1. Soak 4 to 8 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce, water, oil, soy sauce, garlic, and crushed red pepper; set aside..
2. On the soaked skewers alternately thread sweet pepper, broccoli and/or squash, and steak pieces. Brush with some of the hoi sin sauce mixture.
3. For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place skewers on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes or until meat is desired doneness, turning and brushing once with remaining hoi sin sauce mixture halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above except omit drip pan.) Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.