4 Tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp season salt
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dry dill weed
2 pound walleye fillets
¼ cup cornmeal
¼ cup crushed Ritz crackers
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp canola oil
1 ½ tsp butter
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp finely chopped dill pickle
2 tsp finely chopped onion
2 tsp minced fresh dill or
¾ tsp dill weed
1) In a zip lock plastic bag, combine lemon juice, garlic, salt, dill and oregano;
2) Add Walleye fillets to bag; Seal bag and turn to coat fish;
3) Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, turning several times.
4) In a shallow bowl, combine cornmeal, crackers and flour.
5) Remove fillets; and dip fillets into crumb mixture to coat.
6) Heat a skillet to medium high, add in oil and butter
7) Cook fillets for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown
Fish flakes easily with a fork when done.
1) In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle, onion and dill mix well.
Serve with fish.
Discard the marinade after removing fish or use as sauce if BBQing Walleye without crumb coating
This Lemon Walleye Recipe is very easy and a very good Fried Walleye or Grilled Walleye Recipe. Serve this recipe with a good coleslaw and home fries.
This Sportman Restaurant Style Coleslaw Salad taste exactly like the KFC slaw, just grate cabbage, carrots, and apples instead of shredding it. If you like a hotter Sportman Restaurant Style Coleslaw taste add the hot sauce or a 1/4 tsp of horseradish paste.
6 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1 small shredded apple
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne or red pepper
¼ cup milk
¼ cup white vinegar
1 tsp dried minced onion
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp celery seed
1 cup miracle whip
2 – 3 drops hot sauce
1. In large bowl combine all the slaw ingredients; mix up well; then set aside or refrigerate
2. In separate bowl; combine all dressing ingredients; mix well; put in refrigerator at least 2 hours
3. Before serving; combine slaw and dressing; mix well; if to moist pour off some of the extra and re-mix.
Add the hot sauce to get a hotter or stronger taste
Grate slaw ingredients instead of shredding
As a side dish Sportsman Restaurant Style Coleslaw Salad goes great with all meals.
"For more Sportsman Recipes visit":