Saturday, June 12, 2010
Cooks in an hour..pork roast is delicious and easy to prepare!
This stove top braised pork loin is easy to prepare, and orange juice and garlic make it flavorful. Serve this pork loin with rice or noodles for a tasty family meal.
* 1 boneless pork loin, about 2 pounds
* 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan
* 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
* 1 cup orange juice
* 4 medium cloves garlic, mashed and finely minced
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* cilantro for garnish
Remove netting from pork. Wash pork loin and pat dry.
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or deep saute pan over medium heat.
Combine the Cajun seasoning, pepper, and flour in a plate. Roll the pork loin in the flour mixture to coat all sides. Sear on all sides in the hot oil. Add the onions and continue cooking for 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add the orange juice, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar. Cover and cook for about 1 hour, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 165°.
Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serves 4 to 6.